Cindi's Reviews > Sweet Talk

Sweet Talk by Susan Mallery

May 25, 11

bookshelves: series, susan-mallery
Read from May 24 to 25, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I had a very hard time with this book. I don't remember the last time I read a book where all of the main characters were so unlikable. The only good character in this book is Amy, Wyatt's daughter.

I've read where others have said that Claire is a doormat. That's really the only way to describe her. And naive. SO naive. I can understand that she didn't have a normal life growing up and that she had been sheltered her entire life. But give me a break. Nobody is that bad. She allowed everyone to run all over her. I did not like her character at all.

Wyatt. Total jerk. From day one. While he got better in some ways, he got worse in others. His only redeeming quality is his interaction with his daughter.

Jesse. Total airhead. Not much to say about her other than that since she wasn't in the book much. Just long enough to be annoying.

Nicole. Where to start? Total witch. While I understand the anger and bitterness towards Jesse and can understand (somewhat) her jealousy and resentment towards Claire, it was taken too far. She was constantly mean and hateful. And the way it was written, it was obvious that it was all about jealousy where Claire was concerned. And back to Claire. Why would anyone stay in a position where they are treated like that constantly? Nicole wished her dead and told her so. So what does Claire do? She has a crying fit in her room and then goes back to trying to please her sister. Seriously?

I guess I will read the other books in this series. I just really hope they are a lot better than this one. Though I can't see how they would be considering the characters will still be mean, naive or airheads.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Talk.

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ann I couldn`t agree more. I was so annoyed by all of them.

Cindi Ann wrote: "I couldn`t agree more. I was so annoyed by all of them."

I ended up not reading the others in the series. I couldn't see myself wasting time on something when I knew going in that the characters were horrible. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. :)