Rachel's Reviews > Knight Life

Knight Life by Peter David

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, not-your-mothers-real-world, omg-i-read-a-grown-up-book, 2011
Read from May 24 to June 05, 2011

Not as good as I remember it.
Arthur has been awoken from slumber to run for Mayor of New York, and the gangs' all here-Arthur, Percival, Merlin, Morgan, Mordred and Gwen-even though Gwen will probably bollocks it up again.
Arthur's still dynamic and honest, and despite that the citizens of New York rally around him. Could the Once and Future King actually become mayor of the Big Apple?

I read this when I was a lot younger, and I understand that Peter David took the original manuscript and tweaked it for a re-issue. I don't remember if it was so...anti-woman the first time I read it, but this time there was definite pause. Gwen goes from an abusive relationship to one with Arthur, where she might as well not have an identity, and the villain of the piece is Morgan LeFay, which is accurate, but she's the only other female character in the book. So there's the virgin (Gwen) and the whore (Morgan). I should read the rest of the series (it's always a series) but this book does not hold up to memory. Still it's pretty good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight Life.