Brittany's Reviews > The Savage Grace

Aug 15, 12

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy
Read in April, 2012

This is one of those guilty pleasure young adult books, written by a local author. But by reading this book I'm supporting a local author and thus helping our local economy, I'm supporting mom-trepenuers, and having a little me-reading-time altogether. So I'm totally justified.

This was the 3rd installment of The Dark Divine trilogy. I really enjoyed the first book and read it as a breath of fresh air in the YA fantasy genre. The second book, The Lost Saint, I really had a hard time reading because Grace was being an arrogant teenager, making stupid decisions. I just couldn't sympathize with her in that book. But I wanted to like it because I had liked the first one and I had met the author and heard her speak and I just think she's adorable. So I kept plugging away. This final book helped the trilogy. It was a book about growing. Grace really had to work through her arrogance and anger, much which was fueled by the wolf. The book gave a nice wrap to the whole story but also brought some insight to forgiveness and overcoming our weaknesses.

I'd like to give it four stars, but I think I better stick to 3 or 3 1/2 for the whole series.

A fun aspect of the series: each book has a matching bottle of nail polish which is somehow related to the story. Bree Despain had them at her book signing when the second book was released. I don't have the coral colored one yet, but I have the purple and blue ones. Come to think of it, I never wear them (too bright for my coloring), but I find pleasure in collected them :)
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Savage Grace.

message 1: by Ariell (new)

Ariell I think I'll wait till the third comes out to read the trilogy

Jade Woodson i loved the second book but yeah it was losing my interest for awhile but i kept with it i cant wait till the 3rd

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I agree about not loving the second book... but I'm still looking forward to reading what happens because it left me with many more questions than answers!

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin hope you dont mind my sking but you say the heroine makes stupied mistakes-does she cheat or go off with someone else in any of the books?

Brittany Erin, I hope I can answer this without spoiling the story. She doesn't "cheat" but she does get mixed up in the wrong crowd for a bit. Is that vague enough and still an answer to your question?

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin Does she sleep with anyone who isnt daniel?

message 8: by Erin (new)