Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)'s Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

I have a confession to make. I didn't think this book would live up to my expectations, secretly, I started reading this expecting it to disappoint me. How could it not? Lothaire the Enemy of Old has been in these books from the beginning, we have had 11 books building his character up, making us adore and worship him despite the fact that he is undeniably evil and insane and would happily murder all our other favourite characters. Yet still we long for a happy ending for him, Kresley Cole has us on in her thrall!

I figure if you have read this book, or are about to, then you don't really need a synopsis of what is happening, you know who Lothaire is and I don't want to give anything away that will ruin it for you. If you haven't started this series then you need to read: The Warlord Wants Forever or A Hunger Like No Other first and work your way through this fabulous series.

Another confession, showing my dire lack of faith in the almight Kresley Cole, is that I couldn't think of female that would match Lothaire, perhaps, apart from Nix, but yet again I was gladly proved incorrect, Elizabeth Peirce (Ellie to her friends) was a great fit. Good to his bad, sane to his insane, happy to his misery... you couldn't help but like her. As for Lothaire, there is so much more to him then being the insane bad guy, his Endgame comes into focus and we begin to see a different side to him, still evil ofcourse, but I can't seem to help loving the bad boys. And his arrogance, how can something so damn annoying if it were real, be so damn sexy?!

Like all the other books in this series, this was sexy (spare knickers required), funny and full of unforgettable characters. One of the best things about Kresley Cole's books are that the heroines are just as good as the heroes, something I have found to be rare in romance, which only makes me feel a little guilty now that I have poached Lothaire to be in my harem!

p.s. Don't worry Lachlain, you are still my favourite!

Quotes I Loved

"Yes, you. An ignorant mortal Kmart checkout girl." He took the sharpest knife from his place setting, absently turning it between his left thumb and forefinger.

"Kmart? I should've been so lucky. Those jobs were hard to come by. I worked at my uncle's outfitter hop."

"Then you're even worse. You're an outfitter checkout girl with aspirations for Kmart."

*****

"Everything you've ever dreamed is real," Lothaire said. "Every creature thought to be myth. We call our world the Lore. And for the record, Mothman's a fuckwit."

*****

"You are so maieve, it physically aggrieves me."

*****

"First of all I'm not narcissitic." When she opened her lips to argue he said, "I know Narkissos of Thespiae- while we might share traits, i cam first so he's Lothairistic, not the other way round."

*****

"And how is it that you could possibly pity me?"

"I'm twenty-four years old. I've spent more then twenty percent of my life on death row. And I've still known more happiness in my short life than you have in your unending one."

*****

Has anything really changed?" (Ellie)

"I've learned I need to consult you in matters, lest you decapitate me."

*****

"What is this? Be like you were with me the oher times! When you melted for me."

"That was before I fully understood what a nasty piece of work you are."

"Because of a few shifter beheadings? Come on, Lizvetta, it's not as if I went round cock slapping gnomes."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

01/12/2012
56.0% ""What is this? Be like you were with me the other times! When you melted for me." "That was before I fully understood what a nasty piece of work you are," "Because of a few shifter beheadings? Come on Lizvetta, it's not as if I went around cock-slapping gnomes."- Bahahahaha"
01/12/2012
67.0% ""Good. I don't want....I didnt want to have to behead Thaddeus. Or to string you up at the demon crossroads." "Really? Oh, Lothaire, that is huge! This is what I'd call a breakthrough moment." "Shut up." She grinned." 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura the Highland Hussy lol! do you know if it's releasing hard cover? that's what GR has listed

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I don't know, I just assumed it would be like the rest of them, but I guess it must be, that's anoying! It is going to be a completely different size! My book OCD is going in overdrive at the moment!

Kirsty~Vhixen YES!! Kresleys email said it would be released in hardcover first this time. it's why i had such a rant about it...now i have to buy the ebook...and wait almost a year so i can buy the book to match the others!! LOL...that looks more like our UK covers for IAD Suz...so i'm guessing it'll be this cover for us!! YAY

Laura the Highland Hussy Ugh. Hello ebook. I don't like hc

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Maybe she will just do one cover for both UK and US! I hope so I don't wanna be disappointed and get a crappy SOokie esque cover...again!

Yeah I could get an ebook, but I know I am just gonna get the HB! As much as I don't like them I like to have them all straight away!

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ oh I like this cover better than the one the other girls are reading,

Benita Vehnom  Ruiz Nope sorry if Paul was on this cover it would look good. lol

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol! I am not sure which one I like most, I like the colours of this one and although Paul is sexy, I dunno, he isn't quite how I imagined Lothaire.

Kimberly I really like the other cover but I know what ya mean. He just doesn't quiet fit my vision of him either, nor does this one! But the book was AWESOME!!! I really am feeling so sorry for poor Nixie! She needs her man!!!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I know, I can't wait for Nix's book! I really want to know who her HEA is going to be!

Aly is so frigging bored I love your review, and how could you doubt the genius of KC? :O

A friend of mine said Lothaire reminds him of Dante from the game Devil May Cry. I just added pics :D

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol! I know, I will never do it again!

Ahhh, that's a good comparison, but Dante always makes me think of Torin from LOTU!

Aly is so frigging bored Hmm... I don't know... Haven't seen the show or played the game, but the pics google provided reminded me ore of Lothaire :D [without the guns that is]

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) See I always think Torin, probably cos when I was scouting pics for characters, when I was looking for Torin, Dante came up!

Aly is so frigging bored Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "See I always think Torin, probably cos when I was scouting pics for characters, when I was looking for Torin, Dante came up!"

:)) you're right, if I started like that I couldn't change my mind either

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda I love the one liners. They cracked me up!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Me too! I loved Loathire's humour, although half the time he didn't realize it was funny

Aly is so frigging bored Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Me too! I loved Loathire's humour, although half the time he didn't realize it was funny"

That's what made it even funnier, for me at least :D

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Yeah I agree, when he is being unbelievably arrogant, so hilarious, in real life I would want to slap him, but so funny when it is someone else LOL!

Aly is so frigging bored Exactly my reaction :))

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I think most heroes are like that though, although if I found my RL Lachlain wondering around, arrogant or not MINE! I can get get ear muffs if it gets too bad lol

Aly is so frigging bored Oh yes, I would so not pass him, for anything in the world :D If he gave me everything I wanted and always cared what I had to say I would overlook the arrogance and chest-beating :D

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Me too, I would be all over it lol who is your fave in the series so far? I am thinking Lothaire judging by the name lol!

Aly is so frigging bored You thought so well :D Before him it was Rydstorm and Nicholai on #1 and #2 was Sebastian :D

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Oh Ryd *swoon* he is in my #2 spot with Conrad Wroth with Lachlain being #1. Love the Lykae they are my favourite race

Jenny I really need to read this book - but my library doesnt have it yet :(
Looks like I'll be buying another series haha

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) It has only been out a week, maybe they haven't got it in yet :(

This series is well worth it, it is AMAZING!

message 28: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Robinson-Arezzi ok I'm so gonna have to start reading these books because so many of my friends on here are swooning over this book

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) You should Melissa, it is so good, you definitely won't regret it! Smexy men and some kick ass heroines, LOVE IT!

Aly is so frigging bored Suzanne is so right! The series is AMAZING!

@Suzanne: I think they should pay us or smth :D I've pimped this series out so much that I am feeling like a proud mama every time someone loves it :))

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol! I know what you mean Aly, I am always pimping out some series or another, we should definately be on commission!

Aly is so frigging bored And not to mention how many people I've browbeaten to "read the next book", "give it another try" or the nice, old "you know it deserves more then x*" ROTFL

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) LOL! YES! I totally get that, I always bully and nag people into reading stuff! It is the only way, people just need to understand that we are always right ;P

Laura the Highland Hussy My fave heroes are Bowen and Malkom. And Cade. I just want to lick his horns

Aly is so frigging bored @Suzanne: it's not like we can explain it any other way :))

@Laura: I love them too... A little secret: I love all heroes KC created.

Tyraa lmaooo that first quote you have was one of my favourites. Lotharie you comedian you.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I love the cock slapping gnomes one, that made be burst put giggling lol! Love Lothaire!

Oh Bowen! SMEXY! I love a Lykae, Mari is one of my fave heroines as well, her and Sabine

Jenny Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "It has only been out a week, maybe they haven't got it in yet :(

This series is well worth it, it is AMAZING!"

Usually you can place a hold when they have the book ón order'and I cant even do that yet :(

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Oh no! That sucks Jenny :( You will have to make sure you get into the shop EXTRA early so you can get a copy!