Karen's Reviews > Happy Birthday to Me

Jun 06, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: on-my-kindle
Read from May 30 to June 01, 2011

What an excellent premise. Can you imagine ageing a whole year each day of your life? When I was offered this book to review I was so intrigued by the synopsis that I just had to say yes.

When we first meet the main character, Cameron, he’s the kind of lad who knows he’s good looking, a real catch and he’s actually a really obnoxious guy. He enjoys basketball, which he is good at and his girlfriend Charisma who happens to be the best looking girl in school. Then Cameron is hit by this mysterious aging illness and no one can help him. The doctors and his family are looking for answers. None of them understand what’s happening to Cameron. But one person does…

As his illness progressed, he became more aware that looks just aren’t everything and his thoughts and feelings towards others gradually changed, as did there’s towards him. At this point I actually started to like Cameron a lot more. I also started to dislike his dad even more than I did at the beginning of the story. Someone shoot that man now!

Although it got quite heart-breaking watching as Cameron got older and older, there were a lot of hilarious moments which had me laughing out loud. This book definitely brings a mixed bag of emotions with it.

Happy Birthday to Me is a quick and funny read, although there are points where you’ll need a box of tissues nearby. Would I recommend it? Yes, a good book to read if you need a good giggle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Birthday to Me.