Shannon's Reviews > Sunburn

Sunburn by R.L. Stine

Mar 16, 13

bookshelves: books-i-own, 2013
Read on March 16, 2013, read count: 1

I really don’t have much to say about this book. Anyone who knows me can tell that I’m obsessed with Fear Street books, but this wasn’t that good at all. Mostly, it was just okay. The plot was kind of boring. There weren’t really any moments where I was scared or creeped out. There was one scene involving an Irish wolfhound and a shark. I felt like it was supposed to be super suspenseful. However, it wasn’t exciting at all and as pages and pages went by, I kept wishing that this part of the story would be over already. The thing with Daniel was stupid. The explanation made sense, but I thought the reveal seemed kind of like it was just thrown in at the end as an afterthought. I also didn’t understand why Marla and the others weren’t more concerned when Claudia said that this strange boy knew the code to the gate. You would’ve thought something like that would be a big deal, but everyone just ignored her. The ending was so anti-climactic! There’s the big twist and I’ll admit that I was more interested in the story after (view spoiler), but then the book seemed to wrap up too quickly. I wished it had been drawn out a bit longer because you found out who was causing all these bad things to happen and then a couple pages later the book was over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunburn.