Maggie's Reviews > Man's Search for Meaning

Jun 23, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: bookclub, own
Read from June 13 to 22, 2011

I like the first part of this book immensely. The second part was a little technical. I think 3 glasses of wine was the problem :). Though one of the best lines came from the second half: (Condensed) Woman: "How can you still write books in German? Adolf Hitler's language!" Frankl: "Do you have knives in your kitchen?" Woman: "Yes" Frankl (shocked and dismayed): "How can you still use knives when so many killers have used them to stab and kill their victims?" She stopped objecting to me writing books in German.

I laughed out loud.

I liked that Frankl explained everyday life. It was still horrible to read but he includes the small victories and kindnesses that some accounts lack. You just want to shout, "Good for you!" after some of his stories.

This was also a good look in to logotherapy. Very interesting way of looking at psychology.

I feel it a necessity to read books like this every now and then. It is a good reminder of human capacity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Man's Search for Meaning.

06/22/2011 page 134