Jen (A Book and a Latte)'s Reviews > Until I Die

May 17, 12

bookshelves: own-arc
Read from May 05 to 15, 2012

Originally posted on A Book and a Latte:

I really enjoyed this sequel to Die For Me! I’m now a big fan of revenants, which I had never heard of before this series. I’m fascinated by Plum’s revenant mythology, so I loved learning more about them in this installment.

In Until I Die, Kate and Vincent are desperate to find a way to make their relationship work. Kate is realistic about their relationship in the long term, and they’re both trying to find a solution that will make it easier for Vincent to live, and age, normally with Kate. Meanwhile the Numa have a new leader, and the revenants are waiting for them to retaliate… so the Numa are a constant threat.

I thought Until I Die was a bit slow to start, but really, I loved being back with these characters in the fantastic setting of Paris! The romance between Kate and Vincent is upped a notch, and I really like them as characters – individually and together. I love the kindred, and how they’re a family. Jules, Ambrose, and Charlotte are my favorite… and I missed not seeing more of Charlotte in this one. Plum fleshed-out all the characters, while introducing us to new ones, and I loved the dynamics between them all!

Until I Die is full of romance with slow building suspense, and a cliffhanger ending I never saw coming… I can’t wait for the conclusion, If I Should Die!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until I Die.

05/13/2012 page 25