Maureen Timerman's Reviews > My Foolish Heart

My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren

May 24, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read
Read in May, 2011

Unknown to her tiny town of Deep Haven, Isadora Presley spends her nights as Miss Foolish Heart, the star host of a syndicated talk radio show. Millions tune in to hear her advice on dating and falling in love, unaware that she’s never really done either. Issy’s ratings soar when it seems she’s falling in love on-air with a caller. A caller she doesn’t realize lives right next door.
Caleb Knight served a tour of duty in Iraq and paid a steep price. The last thing he wants is pity, so he hides his disability and moves to Deep Haven to land his dream job as the high school football coach. When his beautiful neighbor catches his eye, in a moment of desperation he seeks advice from My Foolish Heart, the show that airs before his favorite sports broadcast.
Before he knows it, Caleb finds himself drawn to the host—and more confused than ever. Is his perfect love the woman on the radio . . . or the one next door?

What a great read! Isadora Presley is suffering from Agoraphobia and really isn't able to leave her home. Her new neighbor Caleb Knight is conquering his own demons...he is coming to accept the loss of his leg.
Lucy Maguire is Issy's best friend and always looking out for her...she is trying to live and forgive herself for the mistakes she has made. Enter Lucy's old boyfriend Seb Brewster...a fellow who also needs to forgive himself for his mistakes.
Love the antics that go on with the big dog Duncan/Roger, who owns him? Also the sweet town that this story is set in Deep Haven MN, it has a small town atmosphere where everyone knows everyone else. Enter a football coaching competition and you really see a small town in action.
The book has a lot of great Christian values, and includes some great scripture quotes.
I would highly recommend this book! I receive this book from Lifuse Publicity Group, and was not required to give a positive review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Foolish Heart.