Meagan's Reviews > The Piper's Son

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta

Jan 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads, music, grief, contemporary, young-adult, kindle-library, family-dynamics, australia
Read from January 20 to 21, 2012

3.5 stars. (My first Kindle read!)
I wrote a big fat review only to have my two-year-old sneak up and hit the power button literally as I was proofing the last paragraph. *grumble, grumble* So now I am going to keep this short and sweet.
- I had too high of expectations for this book and was slightly let down.
- Not only were they too high but I was expecting something completely different and so that might have been part of the problem.
- I did not find Tom as endearing as most of the general population which also was a let down.
- The swearing was atrocious. If you are offended by bad language then this is not a book for you. Some of my favorites have plenty of it and they are still my favorites. In this book I found it to be very distracting, which only irritated me more.
- I do like the author's style of writing despite the negatives listed above.
- I did feel emotion which I always like in my contemporary, grief related books.
- My favorite part of the book was Georgie and Sam. It felt so real and confusing and emotional and I loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Piper's Son.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer In case you're interested...if you have a PC in the Control Panel under Power Options you can change what the power button does when you push it :) Our 2 year old has done that many times so we switched it!

Meagan Good to know! Thanks :)