Hannah's Reviews > The Man from Pomegranate Street

The Man from Pomegranate Street by Caroline Lawrence

May 24, 11

bookshelves: crappy-endings

I hated the last two books in the series. The first fourteen were some of the best I've ever read, but the last few weren't anywhere near as good. I think that the ending was rushed. It doesn't help it that the whole series takes place through about two years. Too much happened in the last book for it to make an impact on the reader and not sound like the author wrote herself into a corner, which I think she did. I thought that it was rather lame that pretty much everybody but Flavia became Christians by the last book, and that Flavia and Nubia both get married in the book, and that Domitian turns out to not be so evil. Gah... this is the worst of the series.

I am waiting for Lawrence to publish that YA trilogy about Philadelphius and Soter that she doesn't think should come out yet. If that series ever comes out, and it's any good, I'll forgive the bad ending. Until then, I'll only consider #1-14 the real books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man from Pomegranate Street.