Karen's Reviews > Letters to a Secret Lover

Letters to a Secret Lover by Toni Blake

May 24, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, keepers, may-2011, own, sizzling, read-in-2011
Read from May 20 to 22, 2011 — I own a copy

I absolutely adored this book. It made me smile, laugh, sigh and even shed some tears. Rob and Lindsey were amazing characters and I just could not help loving them to pieces. Letters to a Secret Lover is one of the most romantic stories I have read in recent times. This is truly an emotional read that will make you laugh, cry, smile and feel a little frustrated.
I won’t go into too much detail because I hate giving away spoilers. Lindsey Brooks finds herself in Moose Falls, Montana, after escaping a very embarrassing incident and the end of her engagement.
She has fond memories of her great Aunt Millie who she visited in Moose Falls when she was a child and makes the decision to hide out there for a while and try to buy back her Aunt Millie’s lake house and canoe rental. Both of these are now owned by the very sexy Rob Colter who has absolutely no intention of selling the properties. No-one in town really knows much about him because he seems kind of gruff and keeps to himself. I loved that Rob’s best mate was his german shepherd dog, King. There’s something that touches my heart when the main man has a loyal dog by his side, and german shepherds just happen to be my favourite breed.
Both Lindsey and Rob are very attracted to each other. Lindsey decides that he could be just the thing to “get back on the horse” and Rob makes his best effort to keep a distance because he’s got a secret that he desperately wants to keep a secret.
I was so tempted at various points of this story to look ahead to see what Rob’s history was and whether or not there would be a HEA. This story was a real page turner and keep me entranced right to the very end.
It would be awesome if Toni Blake decided to write a series set in Moose Falls, Montana. There are a few characters in Letters to a Secret Lover that I would love to get reacquainted with.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Letters to a Secret Lover.