Annabelle Marie Veronica's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Writing was amazing, but I'm Team Jem.

A very sexy, very swoon worthy scene. If that is, you're in love with Will.

Anyway, I loved the beauty of this scene.

Merged review:

OMG AMAZING! REVIEW COMING SOON!

Just a few things right now, though:

I am Team Jem. I am so in love. It didn't take much for Jem to win over my heart. He just is. Jem is adorable. Jem is sexy. Jem is wonderful. Jem is beautiful. Jem is sweet. Jew is amazing. Jem is incredible. Jem is hot. Jem is love. I love Jem so much!

Also, Will annoys the hell out of me. He's too much like Jace, and if he ends up with Tessa I will will officially know that Clare can only write the same romance with a different story over and over. Because has anyone but me noticed how alike Clary and Tessa are?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

Quotes Annabelle Marie Veronica Liked

Cassandra Clare
“You know," Gabriel said, "there was a time I thought we could be friends, Will."

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't.”

Cassandra Clare
“Jem seemed to look through her then, as if he were seeing something beyond her, beyond the corridor, beyond the Institute itself. "Whatever you are physically," he said, "male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside." He smiled them, seeming to have come back to himself, slightly embarrassed. "That's what I believe.”

Cassandra Clare
“It is not the same thing to be good and to be kind.”

Cassandra Clare
“How strange to have the power to literally transform yourself into other people, and yet be so unable to put yourself in their place.”

Cassandra Clare
“That was enterprising," Will sounded nearly impressed.
Nate smiled. Tess shot him a furious look. "Don't look pleased with yourself. When Will says 'enterprising' he means 'morally deficient.'"
"No, I mean enterprising," said Will. "When I mean morally deficient, I say, 'Now, that's something I would have done'.”

Cassandra Clare
“It wasn't enough, not nearly enough, but it was all there was.”

Cassandra Clare
“She looked up at him with a smile. The smile broke what was left of his resistance--shattered it. He had let the walls down when he'd thought she was gone, and there was no time to build them back up.”

Cassandra Clare
“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”

Cassandra Clare
“There's plenty of sense in nonsense sometimes, if you wish to look for it.”

Cassandra Clare
“I have mastered many things in my life. Navigating the streets of London, speaking French without an accent, dancing the quadrille, the Japanese art of flower arranging, lying at charades, concealing a highly intoxicated state, delighting young women with my charms..."

Tessa stared.

"Alas," he went on, "no one has ever actually referred to me as 'the master,' or 'the magister,' either. More's the pity...”

Cassandra Clare
“Will looked horrified. "What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?”

Cassandra Clare
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.”

Cassandra Clare
“I believe in good and evil," said Jem. "And I believe the soul is eternal. But I don't believe in the fiery pit, the pitchforks, or endless torment. I do not believe you can threaten people into goodness."

Tessa looked at will. "What about you? What do you believe?

"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows. What else is there?”

Cassandra Clare
“And I behold London, a Human awful wonder of God' He (Will) stared out over the landscape. "Milton thought Hell was a city, you know. I think maybe he had it half-right. Perhaps London is just Hell's entrance, and we are th damned souls refusing to pass through, fearing that what we will find on the other side will be worse than the horror we already know.”

Cassandra Clare
“With a shrug and a blink, the policeman moved past Will, shaking his head and muttering something under his breath about swearing off the gin before he truly started seeing things. Will stepped aside to let the man pass, then raised his voice to a shout: "James Carstairs! Jem! Where are you, you disloyal bastard?”

Cassandra Clare
“Will smiled the way Lucifer might have smiled, moments before he fell from Heaven.”

Cassandra Clare
“One must always be careful of books,' said Tessa, 'and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.'

'I'm not sure a book has ever changed me,' said Will. 'Well there is one volume that promises to teach one how to turn oneself into an entire flock of sheep-'

'Only the very weak minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry,' said Tessa, determined not to let him run wildly off with the conversation.”

Cassandra Clare
“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”

Cassandra Clare
“Black hair and blue eyes are my favorite combination.”

Cassandra Clare
“While the Clave disapproves of trespassers, oddly they take an even darker view of beheading and skinning people. They're peculiar that way.”

Cassandra Clare
“Goodness," Tessa said to the back of his head. "If you keep seeing Six-Fingered Nigel like this, he'll expect you to declare your intentions.”

Cassandra Clare
“I had such plans for this evening. The pursuit of blind drunkenness and wayward women was my goal. But alas, it was not to be. No sooner had I consumed my third drink in the Devil than I was accosted by a delightful small flower selling child who asked me for twopence for a daisy. The price seemed steep, so I refused. When I told the girl as much, she proceeded to rob me.”
“A little girl robbed you?” Tessa said.
“Actually, she wasn’t a little girl at all, as it turns out, but a midget in a dress with a penchant for violence, who goes by the name of Six-Fingered Nigel.”

Cassandra Clare
“Will rolled up his sleeves. "We'll probably have to knock down the door--"
"Or," said Jem, reaching out and giving the knob a twist, "not."
The door swung open onto a rectangle of darkness.
"Now, that's simply laziness," said Will.”

Cassandra Clare
“Will: "Nice place to live, isn't it? Let's hope they left something behind other than filth. Forwarding addresses, a few severed limbs, a prostitute or two ..."
Jem: "Indeed. Perhaps, if we're fortunate, we can still catch syphilis."
"Or demon pox," Will suggested cheerfully, trying the door under the stairs.”

Cassandra Clare
“Well, she's not responding to my advances," he observed more brightly than he felt, "so she must be dead."
"Or she's a woman of good taste and sense.”

Cassandra Clare
“Blue does not go with everything," Will told her. "It does not go with red, for instance."
"I have a red and blue striped waistcoat," Henry interjected, reaching for the peas.
"And if that isn't proof that those two colors should never be seen together under Heaven, I don't know what is.”

Cassandra Clare
“cleverness that comes too late is hardly cleverness at all?”

Cassandra Clare
“Unless there was a reason for me to stay.”

Cassandra Clare
“And I think that you do not understand that sometimes the only choice is between acceptance and madness.”

Cassandra Clare
“You've always been what you are. That's not new. What you'll get used to is knowing it.”

Cassandra Clare
“There was something peculiarly gratifying about shouting in a blind rage until your words ran out.”

Cassandra Clare
“She had never imagined that the kiss would be so brief and desperate and wild. Or that it would taste of holy water. Holy water and blood.”

Cassandra Clare
“Do reasons matter when there's nothing that can be done to change things.”

Cassandra Clare
“He was still stroking the inside of her wrist, his touch doing odd delicious things to her skin and nerves.”

Cassandra Clare
“You behave as if everything is funny to you, but you never laugh. Sometimes you smile when you think no one is paying attention.”

Cassandra Clare
“I must say, I rather like the way you manage Will.”

Cassandra Clare
“Look at him. The face of a bad angel and eyes like the night sky in Hell. He's very pretty, and vampires like that. I can't say I mind either.”

Cassandra Clare
“That though he is weak, he can still burn.”

Cassandra Clare
“There was a man who was worthless, and knew he was worthless, and yet however far down he tried to sink his soul, there was always some part of him capable of great action.”

Cassandra Clare
“His steady gaze held hers. His blue eyes were very dark, uniquely so. She had known people before with blue eyes, but they had always been light blue. Will's were the color of the sky just on the edge of night.”

Cassandra Clare
“Were you thinking about eating me?”

Cassandra Clare
“I do not walk like a duck.”

Cassandra Clare
“Amor verus numquam moritur...”

Cassandra Clare
“And of course you wouldn't be going alone,' Will said impatiently. 'I would go with you. I wouldn't let anything happen to you.”

Cassandra Clare
“The witchlight made his skin paler, his eyes more intently blue. They were the color of the water in the North Atlantic, where the ice drifted on its blue-black surface like the snow clinging to the dark glass pane of a window.”

Cassandra Clare
“I'm not going to be at all pleased if you've blinded me, Henry.”

Cassandra Clare
“Inanimate objects are harmless indeed, Mr. Mortmain. But one cannot always say the same of the men who use them.”

Cassandra Clare
“He always lived in his head. He never cared about how things were, only how they would be, someday, when he had everything he wanted. When we had everything we wanted.”

Cassandra Clare
“She had never thought about her name much before, but when he said it, it was as if she were hearing it for the first time - the hard T, the caress of the double S, the way it seemed to end on a breath.”

Cassandra Clare
“Goodness, my nose is enormous,' she exclaimed. 'Why didn't anyone tell me?”