Danielle's Reviews > First Grave on the Right

Aug 26, 11

bookshelves: favorites, review
Read from May 23 to 26, 2011

Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Charley Davidson sees dead people. Actually, Charley is the Grim Reaper. She also moonlights as a private investigator. Being a PI allows to help her Uncle Bob who is a detective for the Albuquerque Police Department. Together they solve local crimes. Charley also helps ghosts find the closure they need to move onto heaven.

When three local lawyers are murdered, Charley is determined to uncover everything about the case to help them move on. While working on the case Charley encounters a person from her past she has never quite forgotten.

I can't wait to read the next book in this series. Darynda has created such a interesting world filled with a great cast of characters. I love the relationship between Charley and her neighbor Cookie who also doubles as her best friend/assistant. They both are very quirky and I love the back and forth banter between the two. I would also love to see more of Garret. There seemed to be a lot of chemistry brewing between him and Charley and I would love to see if anything comes of it. First Grave on the Right was a spectacular read. Charley Davidson is full of spunk and wit. It's not often that a book can make me laugh. Charley had me giggling throughout the entire story.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Grave on the Right.