Bridget's Reviews > The Perfect Mile: Three Athletes, One Goal, and Less Than Four Minutes to Achieve It

The Perfect Mile by Neal Bascomb

May 23, 2011

bookshelves: 2011
Read in May, 2011

Oh my holy fudge, I LOVED this book. I savored every page and looked forward to reading it at every opportunity. At the same time, this wasn't one of those books where I could toss off a few pages while cooking dinner. I had to make sure I could really give myself to the reading of it, so I often had to wait until all other obligations were taken care of (see also: why it took me more than two weeks to get through it).

That said, there is a litmus test for predicting one's potential interest in The Perfect Mile, and it is this: take a look at the front cover. If you know who that is, and what he's doing, then I think you're going to love this book.

Even if you don't know just from looking at the picture, if you've ever run competitively, or taken any interest in track, or if you have a good sense of running times vs. distances (in meters and yards/miles), or really, if you think you could enjoy the suspense of lots of footrace descriptions, The Perfect Mile is going to be a fun book for you to read.

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Mile.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Brad I will have to put this on my list. Sounds like a good read - especially with a cover shot of Sir Roger Bannister breaking the 4-minute mile barrier.

Bridget You passed the test. I think you'll love this book!

Chandler Pruett amazing book