Jenn's Reviews > The Pagan Stone

The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts

May 23, 11

bookshelves: own, hardcover, review-written
Read in April, 2009

I'd have to say the third book in this in thrilling trilogy is by far the best. Though it also have the signature Roberts musical tone to it, the pacing in much faster, the leading characters more intriguing and volatile. Though you know before ever reading it exactly who will hook up this story is not in any way a disappointing read.

This book delved deeper into lead character flaws and overcoming them more than in any in the rest of the trilogy. Gabe finally comes to terms with the abuse he felt at the hands of his father as a youth and though it may not make up for a childhood of terror, his father gives his life to save Gage. I think the inner turmoil and coming to terms with that piece of sub plot and background story added a lot to the overall character development which occurred during this story.

Through out the rest of the series both Gage and Cybil seem to be the flamboyant or dangerous, selfish pair, this book provides both the reason behind the facade and proof that is is a facade. Gage is willing to sacrifice his own life to save a town that never did anything for him and the friends that were more family than his own. The two wanders face great danger in the story, great sacrifice, but in the end learn that they don't have to or want to wander the world alone anymore.

I feel like I had more to say here, but since I didn't get to finish this right after reading the book I can't remember what it was and don't want to mix up different books I've read recently. Overall I will say the whole trilogy and especially this conclusion to it is a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pagan Stone.