Felina's Reviews > The Tale of Halcyon Crane

The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb

Nov 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011, star-2, kindle
Read in November, 2011

My main beef with this book throughout was that the majority of the scary parts weren't really scary. If I can read it right before bed in the dark and still sleep like an angel, its not that scary. There were a few moments here and there that gave me goosebumps but really this turned out to be half romance and half mystery.

This book is so back and forth. Sometimes I'm like 'Alright, now we're talking' and like a paragraph later I'll be like 'Really?'. I don't like the romance with Will. But that might be for two reasons. One, if I'm reading about a romance I need it to be triple x groovy not this 'camera pans away to curtains blowing in the wind' crap. And second, since it's first person her thought process is way to caught up in the romance. This doesn't further the story line at all. Who cares about Will's breath tasting like forever (btw, what the hell does forever taste like?) you're being haunted hooker! Let's get that straightened out then we can worry about boyfriends.

The whole thing with the coffee shop guy and Mira was lame and they only explained it for like a second. Oh BTW this dude is actually and she's actually...blah blah blah...no filler...over. What?

And it ended way to abruptly. It had this decent pace going and things were building and then suddenly it was over. Quite a work up for nothing.

I give 2 stars because it wasn't really painful to read but the premise is a lot cooler than the book turned out to be.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tale of Halcyon Crane.

11/04/2011 page 100