Jen (A Book and a Latte)'s Reviews > Flat-Out Love

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

Jul 20, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from June 29 to July 01, 2011

Originally posted on my blog: A Book and a Latte. Read my interview with Jessica Park!

I absolutely LOVED this book. It is easily one of my favorite reads of 2011. Immediately after I finished, I wanted to re-read it all over again… but instead I went back and re-read my favorite parts. Afterwards, I stalked the book’s website which didn’t really help me move on from the book because Jessica Park has posted chapter tidbits there! They just made me want to re-read it even more! I’ve been struggling with writing this review for quite a while, mainly because I’m afraid I will not do this book justice.

The characterization is outstanding. The characters quickly drew me into the story, and once I was hooked, I couldn’t put this book down. Park has created some unforgettable characters. I just loved Julie, nerdy lovable Matt, quirky and endearing Celeste, and of course adventurous and gorgeous Finn. I’m a little sad this is a stand-alone novel because I MISS these characters.

Flat-Out Love takes place in Boston, and this story made me fall in love with the city all over again! I really enjoyed seeing Boston through Julie’s eyes as she traveled around the city looking for an apartment. Also, I have to say this book left me with a serious craving for Dunkin’ Donuts (sadly there isn’t one near me). I also really liked how Park incorporated Facebook statuses and messaging into Flat-Out Love, they made the story current, relatable, and entertaining!

I know this will sound cheesy, but Flat-Out Love is the first book in a long, long time that has touched me this deeply. I could relate to so many aspects of this book. I felt that Park did an excellent job of delicately capturing the aspects of dysfunctional families while tackling some difficult issues. This is a story about love and loss, family and tragedy.

Flat-Out love is a memorable and fantastically romantic story that I know I’ll be reading again and again. I highly recommend this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flat-Out Love.

06/29/2011