H.A.'s Reviews > Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha

Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach

Sep 12, 12

bookshelves: borrowed, buddhism, self-help, meditation, re-reading, ebook
Recommended to H.A. by: I can't remember!
Recommended for: Those interested in Buddhism or finding a Buddhist oriented way to find peace in difficult times.
Read from May 29 to June 27, 2011, read count: 1

I can't say enough positive about this book. I've only recently resumed serious Buddhist study, and a lot of that study time is spent learning abstract philosophical basics that are important to taking refuge in the Dharma, but may not make enough sense to the beginner to offer comfort when things are difficult. This book, while it still teaches the Dharma, gives practical use for the everyday western seeker. It came at just the right time for me, when I was dealing with some personal things that were really plowing me over. Radical Acceptance helped me cope, helped me see that the philosophy of the Dharma wasn't just words I had to memorize, but a true guide to life and living, coping with this human existence and suffering... just as the Buddha said. I love it and can't wait to find a copy for my own bookshelf so I can read it again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Radical Acceptance.