Yosep's Reviews > A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing

A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton G. Malkiel

May 31, 11

Read from May 23 to 24, 2011

I'm about 7/8 through this book.
I gotta say I was going to read this after reading Bogle's "Little Book of Common Sense Investing", but I was reluctant because I thought it was going to be another index fund jerk-off fest which would put me to sleep after reading Bogle's book.

I was very wrong.

Even if you don't give a flip about the stock market, you should read this book. It is that good. The information found within might astonish or surprise you as it covers history, sociology, and psychology and how they all relate to the market. That market isn't the important part of that though, it's the insight to how people behave and what they will believe and how even professionals/educated people act and can be extremely foolish.

As a new investor you should read this book to protect yourself from the bullshit out there on the market. There is literally bullshit everywhere in the world, but money follows bullshit and guess where all the money is: the markets.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Random Walk Down Wall Street.