Sue Smith's Reviews > It Only Takes a Moment

It Only Takes a Moment by Mary Jane Clark

May 28, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011
Read from May 23 to 25, 2011

I was somewhat apprehensive when I started this book. I don't really like stories about child abduction. They make me squirm with discomfort. I just don't feel we need to write books about hurting kids ... personal feelings. But, I persevered and read it anyways. Thankfully, it wasn't a mean spirited book and it clipped along at a good pace - short chapters and easy reading. That being said, it wouldn't be a book that I would recommend reading over a long period of time. The constant flipping between various people and their own particular narratives on the matter at hand would become very confusing if not read in great chunks. Even at that, I found there were afew times that I wasn't sure who was who with the alternate characters. That was probably done with intention - leading you off the track as it were. The more voices you have to sort out, the harder it becomes to see the end result.

I didn't see the end coming. It definitely was a surprise - in more ways than one! I won't give away any secrets - but I would be interested to see if others felt the same way I did. The potential for it to end on a bang, in my opinion, fizzled. Didn't see it coming and when it came and was expecting the OMG factor - I was disappointed. Like a rat navigating the maze with all those twists and turns only to find the prize at the end of it all is a blob of cheez whiz instead of a nice piece of brie!! *sigh* Well, the upside is that I get to start a different book now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Only Takes a Moment.

05/24/2011 page 106
30.0% "Gawd - I don't like stories that have kids being abducted. *involuntary shudder*"
show 1 hidden update…