Echo's Reviews > Touching Darkness

Touching Darkness by Scott Westerfeld

Apr 01, 08

bookshelves: ya-supernatural, series
Read in March, 2008

This series continues to impress. It's one of those books that you find it hard to put down once you pick it up. I confess to putting in movies for my kids so they'd leave me alone & staying up way too late at night to read this one. I think I read the entire thing in 2 days, which is impressive for someone with 3 little kids.

This book goes further into the relm of midnight, without rehashing any of the difficulties overcome in the last book. It brought a whole new aspect into the Blue Time with the explanation of why there were no Midnighters older than the 5 current & why there were 5 the same age. The introduction of new characters made the plot flow more quickly, if possible, & still left room for you to wonder what was going to happen in the relationships already formed. Great ending, ties up everything that happened this book, but made you want to immediately pick up the next one to see what happens with Rex. So happy to see Melissa be able to get a grip on her powers & actually be able to enjoy & participate in life. Still hasn't fully explained what Des is finding out about the mapping & math involved in Midnight & really makes you wonder & want to find out.

This author is really a genius to be able to follow so many strands & come up with so many tridocalogisms & follow the math so well. This is really a great talent!

Really a gripping read, I can't wait to get the next one!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touching Darkness.