Joanne's Reviews > The Invisible Bridge

The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer

F 50x66
May 23, 2011

Read from June 07 to 28, 2011

This is the story of the horror of the Nazi era and how it affected the lives of a trio of Hungarian Jewish brothers dreaming of and acting on better lives for themselves and their families. It fills in many of the blanks of how individual European Jews were affected by the awful events in Europe during the thirties and forties. However, this is also the story of the human will to survive. I can't say I "enjoyed" this book; reading it was not a joy. But I can say this is a must read and compelling book. Once into the story I suffered along with the characters and their plight and longed for their triumph over the evil forces they endured.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Bridge.

message 1: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Im thinking of starting this book but not sure It's a summer read? Is it a page turner? Did you read Once we were Brothers?

Joanne It is a page turner. You get very invested in the characters. But a summer read, in the sense of light and fun, definitely not. Make sure you do read it at sometime, though.

Once We Were Brothers is an easier read and a decent story but nothing near the calibre of Invisible Bridge.