Renz's Reviews > The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

May 29, 11

Read from May 26 to 29, 2011

.."Morpheus has put the entire island of Manhattan to sleep. The invasion has started."

The Titan War was a battle between the Olympian Gods and the Titans. It happened in Thessaly. Now, the war will start again but it will happen in Manhattan, New York.

Kronos is now ready to take revenge and destroy Olympus. His army was stronger than ever and that includes Typhon, a monster who almost stopped the Gods from winning the Titan war thousand years ago. The Gods focused on killing Typhon, forgetting that no one is guarding Olympus. The Gods needed the help of their children to defeat Kronos. The demigods must stop the Kronos's army, they will be the guards of Olympus.

The Last Olympian is the fifth and final book of Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series. For me, it was the best book. Why? Here are my thoughts.

The book, as always, started with a blast. It has an amazing start.

Second, I like the idea that everyone became so mysterious. Rachel's sight, Annabeth and Luke's past. I'm also eager to know who is the spy that's helping Kronos, I keep on guessing and suspecting. Unfortunately, My guesses are all wrong.

I also admire it unpredictability, a thing that this series always have. There are so many surprises and unexpected events. The plans of Percy, the events in the battle, every deaths ad the name of the spy was very shocking and unexpected.

The battle between the Demigods and Kronos' Army was so great. Their fate keeps on turning, it was like "the demigods are winning- no, the titan's are winning- no, the demigods are winning." haha. The timing of the heroes joining Percy was also great. They all came at the right time, when Percy feels hopeless.

This book didn't just focus on Percy, which is a good thing. Minor characters was also emphasize in this book. Characters that I don't even notice became as important as Percy Jackson like Charles Beckendorf (Son of Hephaestus) and Silena Beauregard (Daughter of Aphrodite). The braveness and courage of all the characters went to a whole new level. They're stronger, braver and wiser than ever. They didn't give up considering that they are outnumbered by their enemies. Some of them also unleashed new powers to defeat big and strong monsters. On the other side, Traitors in the series became heroes in their own way.

Every event in the book is also important too. If you're going to read this book, dont skip any page. Trust me.

THE ENDING WAS INCREDIBLE!! Even though I'm still begging for more Percy, Annabeth, Nico and Thalia. Wait!! What happened to Thalia after the battle? Can someone tell me?

THIS IS WHAT I CALL AN ENDING!! 5 STARS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Olympian.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tash Have you read the 'Demigod Files'? It's #4.5 in the series. :)

Renz REALLY?? I haven't.Do I really have to? Can i read it after the last olympian? I have started reading this book already eh.

Tash Nagsisi ako when I read it after book 5. Haha.

Renz Di ko na binasa. Mahal eh.

anneski Do you plan to read The Lost Hero? Maganda din siya ... and thanks for accepting btw :)

anneski Thalia reemerges in The Lost Hero :)

Krizia Anna sabi ko sayo maganda..hehe
Lost Hero na!

Beatrice maganda yung The Lost Hero.
you can try The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

Renz @Beatrice, Maganda ba ung The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael Scott? I saw my friend reading it. I borrowed it and read the synopsis but, unfortunately, I didn't like it. :|

Beatrice For me Maganda siya :) di ko nga lang natapos kasi hiniram ko lang.. planning to buy it para matapos ko na.

message 11: by Renz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Renz sige sige. I'll try to read it. Btw thanks for recommending it. :))

Beatrice no problem :)