Magda's Reviews > The Mane Attraction

The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston

May 24, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from May 23 to 24, 2011

How can you not love Mitch?
Another great addition to the series.

Memorable quotes:

1.Mitch winced. “You don’t have to marry your cousin or something, do you?”
Sissy abruptly stopped pacing and turned to him with a lethal scowl. “Think we can put aside
the cultural stereotypes until we’re done with this conversation?”

2.“Of course! Because no matter what he does, when he puts on your shorts and one of your bras,
he never looks as cute in them as you do.”

3. “Yeah, yeah. Show me what ya got, sweet—Mother of God Almighty!”

4. Me and my sisters know how to
take care of lion males, and we’ll get him off your hands. And you can go back to whatever it is
you do. Lick your ass. Chase your tail.”

5. Once he stood, the two brothers stared at each other and then threw themselves into each other’s arms,sobbing.They were just so glad to be alive. When Ronnie Lee jabbed her lightly in the ribs, Sissy never expected to look over and see Mitch and his brother hugging like they’d just been helped off the Titanic .

6.Sissy’s eyes narrowed the tiniest bit. “Touché, Monsieur Pussy. Touché.”

I have lots of others, but you get the point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mane Attraction.

Quotes Magda Liked

Shelly Laurenston
“But Sissy had a way of bringing out the "fun" side of anybody if she'd a mind to. To quote Janie Mae, "Sissy came out of my womb with her middle finger raised.”

Shelly Laurenston
“Okay. Let's see what we've got." He lifted up her foot and said, "Well, what we've got here is a freakin' boat."

Really?" She slammed her heel against the side of his face, snapping his head to one side. "How big are they now, Mitch?"

Rubbing the abused side of his face, "Dainty little elf feet?"

"Exactly.”

Shelly Laurenston
“Momentarily forgetting this wasn’t one of her She-wolves, Sissy automatically teased, “Good thing
my brother likes women with meat on their bones ’cause your ass is gonna be gettin’ wide.”
As soon as the words left her mouth, she wished she could take them back.
But without missing a beat, Jessie shot back, “Cool. Now I can start wearing your jeans. I thought
that was only going to be possible during the late stages of the pregnancy.”

Shelly Laurenston
“She glanced down at the ground and the inert form of her brother. “What happened to Travis?”

Mitch winced. “I hit him with the door after I tore it off. It was a total accident.”

“Marry me,” she spouted before she could stop herself.”

Shelly Laurenston
“It had taken him by surprise when the bride had asked him. Why would she
want him in her wedding? And that’s exactly what he’d asked her. She’d smiled up at him, those big, brown wild dog eyes of hers making him feel all protective of her, and then she’d told him, “Because, dude, you’re our karaoke king, and we worship at your altar.”

Shelly Laurenston
“Mitch stood. "How is this my fault? I'm not the one with the pussy that drains the life from a man!"

"And i'm not the one hung like an overendowed donkey”

05/24/2011 page 160
50.0% "This is my mighty tawny mane. It’s a sign of my overwhelming manliness.” “More like your overwhelming bullshit.” He grinned. “That, too.” I love this series."