Ananya's Reviews > Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

Jul 06, 13

Recommended for: every fan of skewed love stories
Read from June 09 to 16, 2011 — I own a copy

Oh. My. God. What a peculiar book ! I simply loved it. So dark and twisted , it got me hooked. I liked Mr Lockwood and Hareton, the most. It hurt me that Hareton mourned so much for Heathcliff on the latter's grave! Did I miss something? Why DID he? What kind of attachment did he have with Heathcliff? As for Heathcliff, he's a mad man to me. I still need to understand why anyone would have a liking for that kind of person. He most definitely needed a psychiatrist.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Heights.

Quotes Ananya Liked

Emily Brontë
“I gave him my heart, and he took and pinched it to death; and flung it back to me. People feel with their hearts, Ellen, and since he has destroyed mine, I have not power to feel for him.”

Emily Brontë
“Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you--haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe--I know that ghosts have wandered the earth. Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad. Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!”

Emily Brontë
“Kiss me again, but don't let me see your eyes! I forgive what you have done to me. I love my murderer--but yours! How can I?”

06/09/2011
26.0% "Hate Catherine ! xC"
06/11/2011
50.0% "Everyone is literally MAD in the story, except Ellen and Lockwood!!!"
06/11/2011
65.0% "now I know who I like: HARETON!!!! :D"
06/14/2011
84.0% "Both the Catherines are STUPID. Bleh."
06/15/2011
88.0% "Finally this book is coming to an end!!"