Liz's Reviews > Bad Girls

Bad Girls by Alex McAulay

May 26, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read on May 26, 2011

With some authors, after you read one novel of theirs that you enjoyed, you feel like you MUST read more. Possibly read every novel ever written by that particular author.

Because of my opinion of Alex McAulay's novel Shelter Me, I decided to read this novel next. Immediately, the setup of the novel reminded me of Shelter Me, and I was hooked.

That's where the similarities ended. With this, I attempted, for every page I read, to guess what would happen next. Would they get sold into slavery? Would they get raped in the forest? Would they go insane, and kill each other? was this all a test, a planned part of Camp Archstone?

Very few of my predictions (And I mean VERY few, three out of the hundred-ish I made) came true. That being said, it was one of the reasons I liked this. It wasn't what I expected, therefore it became more interesting.

I enjoyed this book enough that I plan on having my friend read it, but I doubt it will ever fall under my 'favorite' books. I say doubt, because you never know what the future will bring, and maybe it was my fault for reading two novels within two days of each other by the same author, but I've decided to give this a 3/5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Girls.