Scribs's Reviews > Schooled

F 50x66
Dec 29, 15

bookshelves: 2015-favs, favorites, wow
Read on December 29, 2015

What happens when a home-schooled hippie has to go to public middle school for the first time?

Immediately deemed the biggest loser in school, Cap doesn't understand what's going on and where he fits in. He's completely innocent in life and in all his interactions with his peers. By tradition, the biggest loser is nominated for class president. Cap has no idea why he's suddenly president of his class, but he takes his responsibilities very seriously, including learning the names of his 1100 fellow students. Teased and bullied, Cap takes it all with the zen attitude ingrained into him by his hippie grandmother. His peers are puzzled by his lack of reaction and eventually change their tune. One by one they flock to his tai chi and peaceful personality. The entire school metamorphasizes into a new place and it's a beautiful thing.

I LOVED this book. I listened to it on audio book and the different narrators for the different POVs were excellent. I can't recommend this book enough. Stellar writing and wonderful story. I was laughing and smiling by the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Schooled.

12/29/2015 marked as: currently-reading