Christina's Reviews > Much Ado About Nothing

May 22, 11

Read in May, 2011

Genre: Play

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

1)The thing that I liked about the play was how much I ended up liking it, I loved the humor and dramatic parts woven into the story. The characters were entertaining and unique. In the begining it was hard to understand anything or even what was going on but as the play went on it got easier.

2)The thing that I disliked about the play was the long paragrphs with detail. They just made understanding the material harder and confusing. But the literary speech in the play was enjoyable and helpful once decifered.

3)The thing that suprised me was how intricate shakepeare's wording is and the way to think when decifering the play. Also how Shakespeare thinks and how hard annotating his work is. Another thing that suprised me was how many meanings/opinions could come out of the text.

4)The thing that impacted my thinking was how in Shakespeare's plays; everything is blown up or exagerated. for example: When Benidick and Beatrice confess their love to one another, Beatrice commands that if Benidick really loves her then he will kill Claudio because he dishonoured Hero. I thought this was sorta extreme. Also how Hero pretends to die because claudio is acccusing her of being with another guy in her room.

Overall I think this assignment was a good experience and was a good thing to know for high school:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Much Ado About Nothing.