Melanie's Reviews > Act of Redemption

Act of Redemption by C.C. Cole

May 23, 11

Read on May 22, 2011

Act of Redemption is the first in a series of four books. This first dark fantasy novel by author C. C. Cole is much more than I expected. It's very engaging and I couldn't stop reading. In fact, I finished Act of Redemption in only a few hours. It may be a short read but the story is fast-paced and full of action from the beginning to the end. C. C. Cole has created a dark and magical universe filled with a teenage assassin, dragons, demons, half-demons, half-humans..

The characters introduced throughout the book are very unique and well developed. My favorite would have to be Shevata. She's brave, tough and one kick-ass heroine with her magic swords and her ability to move objects with her mind. Being a child assassin back from hell, Shevata proves to be a great help to the Gastar citizens battling demons. The other characters, some evil and some good, are just as colorful. Although, I admit it was a bit hard sometimes to keep up with all of them.

Act of Redemption is a fantastic read. It's a great start to a series I'm sure will be just as amazing. A must-read for any fantasy lovers!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Act of Redemption.