Karrie Kinstetter's Reviews > One for the Money

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One for the Money.

Quotes Karrie Liked

Janet Evanovich
“I like the way you've let your hair go curly," he finally said. "Suits your personality. Lots of energy, not much control, sexy as hell,"
Joe Morelli to Stephanie Plum”

Janet Evanovich
“Jesus, Morelli, you sound like you have PMS. You have to learn to lighten up a little. It's just a car alarm. You should be thanking me. I had it installed with my own money.”

Janet Evanovich
“I'm telling you, it's fu**ing hard to be classy”

Janet Evanovich
“I attributed the incidence to temporary insanity, and in my own defense, I'd like to say I haven't run over anyone since.”

Janet Evanovich
“It's not the pizza, darlin', its my masculine presence."
Joe Morelli”

Janet Evanovich
“He specializes in virgins! The brush of his fingertips turns virgins into slobbering mush."
Mary Lou Molnar”

Janet Evanovich
“There's me and then there's you, and you aren't ever going to be as good as me, Sweet Thing."
Ranger”

Janet Evanovich
“You're a lunatic. You ran me over with a goddamn Buick.”

Janet Evanovich
“I shot that sucker right in the gumpy."
Grandma Mazur”

Janet Evanovich
“In my opinion, the only good spider is a dead spider, and women's rights aren't worth dick if they mean I can't ask a man to do my bug squashing.”

“Are you afraid of me?
Uh... yes.'
The smile stayed fixed in place. 'You should be. You locked me in a refrigerator truck with three dead people. Sooner or later I'm going to get you for it.”

Janet Evanovich
“Nothing Personal? You've harrassed my mother, stolen my car, and now you're telling people I've gotten you pregnant! In my opinion, getting someone pregnant is pretty fucking personal! Jesus, isn't it enough I'm accused of murder? What are you the bounty hunter from hell?”

Janet Evanovich
“It's fucking hard to be classy”

Janet Evanovich
“I want to see your tailpipe fading off into the sunset."
Good luck, I thought. My tailpipe was somewhere on Route 1, along with my muffler.”

Janet Evanovich
“I wasn't sure exactly how prostitutes determined price, but if men bought hookers by the pound, these two would be doing okay.”

Janet Evanovich
“You're a marshmallow. Soft and sweet and when you get heated up you go all gooey and delicious."-”

Janet Evanovich
“From the look on your face, I'd say you know him."

I nodded. "Sold him a cannoli when I was in high school."

Connie grunted. "Honey, half of all the women in New Jersey have sold him their cannoli”

Janet Evanovich
“Yeah. Almost as surprising as when you nailed me with your father's car."

In the interest of avoiding confrontation, I felt compelled to explain. I didn't feel obliged to do it convincingly. "It was an accident. My foot slipped."

"That was no accident. You jumped the goddamn curb and followed me down the sidewalk.”

Janet Evanovich
“You deserved to get run over. And besides, I barely tapped you. The only reason you broke your leg was because you panicked and tripped over your own feet.”

Janet Evanovich
“Ranger appeared in the bathroom doorway and I was too relieved to be embarrassed. "I appreciate you coming out in the middle of the night," I said.

Ranger smiled. "I didn't want to miss seeing you chained up naked.”