Ashley's Reviews > Flip This Zombie

Flip This Zombie by Jesse Petersen

May 31, 11

bookshelves: zombies, nook, own-a-copy
Read from May 22 to 25, 2011

In Jesse Petersen's sequel to "Married with Zombies", Sarah and David find themselves living in what remains of the destroyed city of Phoenix making a living as zombie killers for hire. With the success of their business bringing them not always welcome recognition, Sarah and David find themselves agreeing to work with a scientist to help capture zombies in hopes of finding a cure for the zombie disease. Unbeknownst to them, the doctor is actually enhancing the zombies they bring him by making them into bionic-zombies who are even more dangerous and show signs of actual thought capability. In what becomes a fight to save their lives, Sarah and David must find a way to not only destroy this new breed of zombie, but to also stop the doctor from continuing his research and bringing about the ultimate destruction of what's left of the human race.

Although I loved this book, I didn't like quite as much as the first one. Mainly because I enjoyed how inventive Sarah and David were in the first book in terms of coming up with random weapons to kill the zombies with, such as a stiletto shoe and the toilet seat lid. Despite the fact that Sarah and David now have a variety of weapons at their disposal, I did enjoy seeing how their lives and marriage have progressed following the zombie outbreak their flight from Seattle. The introduction of "The Kid" who aids them in helping capture the zombies, despite having a dark secret himself, was a nice addition. "The Kid" helped to further cement their relationship by forcing them to occasionally act out the role of parent, and in turn "The Kid" acknowledged their marriage and made a point to remind them that they absolutely could not split up because they're meant to be together and make a great team.

"Flip this Zombie" is a must for anyone who loves a good comedic zombie story, although be sure to read "Married with Zombies" first to find out what brought about the zombie apocalypse and to learn more about the sometimes trouble marriage of Sarah and David. I cannot wait for the final installment in the trilogy and I'm also looking forward to the short story.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flip This Zombie.