Valerie's Reviews > Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver

Real Live Boyfriends by E. Lockhart

May 22, 11

Read in May, 2011

I decided to read this book because it was on the ALA top books for teens of 2011. I didn't realize going into it that it was the 4th in a series. Thankfully, that didn't really affect the book. It was obvious there were things that happened in the other books that helped form this book, but it didn't make this book hard to follow. Everything that needed to be explained was, and it wasn't in a way that would have been annoying had I read the other books.
The book was a fun read. I really liked the main character Ruby. She was pretty real, dealing with odd but real issues. The writing style was fun. It was obviously written for teens. Sometimes, the writing in these types of books can just get annoying, but this wasn't the case for this book. For how light and fluffy the writing was, there was a lot of references to things that seemed older. I would almost say it was written in the style for young teens, but the contents were geared toward older teens. While nothing graphic was explained, there was a lot of obvious fooling around that has happened in this girl's life.
I am going to go back and read the rest of this series because it was a fun, enjoyable read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Real Live Boyfriends.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Holly You need to read the first three! They're even better than this one! So, so much better!