Proserpine's Reviews > Seduced by the Highlander

Seduced by the Highlander by Julianne MacLean

Oct 27, 11

Read from October 25 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy

My rating: 5/5

This is one of the best Adult Romance that I read since a long time! I really appreciated this trilogy and I wish that Julianne MacLean wrote more books for this series. I was sad to know that there weren't more books for this series. When I finished Claimed by the Highlander last summer, I was super excited to know that there was another book coming up! I waited so long to learn what would happen to Lachlan with this surprising curse!

The characters were great; Lachlan is an awesome highlander and he's description fit what I made up in my mind = Strong, courageous, fearless, handsome and a true warrior. I like the fact that he's determined to lift up his curse and work pretty hard on himself to make it happen.

Catherine was an interesting characters; Pretty and girlie, I like the fact that she's not a kick-ass or some kind of warrior girl like Gwendolyn and Amelia (These two have a strong personality, but Catherine's more relaxed and tranquil: I think she reflected more the women from this time). She's unique in this series: she's suffering of amnesia and I think that add a lot to the plot (well d'uh!).

The plot was different from most of Highlander story that I read since some time! I really love Paranormal Romance and Seduced by the Highlander is more romantic than paranormal. But this series have something else that makes it up of the bunch. I think the plot, the characters and the imagination of the author really keep me hanging on. I think the author really discerned what I like in romance and put it all in this trilogy!

What that bother me was that l discovered early some interesting part of the overall progress, but that didn't stop me from reading the book until the end! The author still managed to surprise me with several important elements of the book. So if you love your books fill up with romance and handsome highlanders, this series is for you! :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced by the Highlander.

10/25/2011 page 70
10/25/2011 page 135
38.0% "I'm really into this book!"
show 3 hidden updates…