Td's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 2: Bonds of Fear

The Invisible Chains - Part 2 by Andrew Ashling

May 23, 11

bookshelves: angst, dark, humor, military-soldiers, favorites, love-my-twinks, sniff, slaves, rape, torture, wusses-beware
Read from May 22 to 23, 2011

I had the good fortune of reading this story twice when it was still fully available online. I knew without a doubt that I would get the books as soon as they came out. Reading this again I found myself falling a little deeper and loving this story even more, still one of my unwavering top favorites.

The plot thickens in Part 2. We delve deeper into the relationship between Anaxantis and Ehandar, always a source of tension there. We see more of the characters we have come to know, love and hate and are introduced to new characters important to the story. There are further preparations against invasion to be made and more hidden agendas and threats to deal with, all easy to follow considering all that goes on.

It is virtually impossible not to be swept away and become emotionally invested by the story and its characters. It still amazes me how engrossed I became by family drama, political intrigue and military strategy. How I would end up crying tears of laughter, rage and sadness a couple of times even within the same chapter. Always gripping in one form or another, never a dull or boring moment.

Whatever warnings there were for Part 1 still apply here. Although very nicely balanced out, there are moments that are downright difficult and will rip your heart out. If you haven't read Part 1, I hope you will give it a try and see if it's for you. Chances are if you enjoy it, you will love all parts of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 2.