Patricia Puddle's Reviews > Star-Crossed Rascals

Star-Crossed Rascals by Patricia Puddle

May 22, 11

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: children-s-books-i-have-written, published-books-i-ve-written, recomendations, children-s-books
Recommended for: Children, reluctant readers, parents and teachers. Anyone who wants a laugh.
I own a copy

My antics as a mischievous child inspired me to write this story. It wasn't that I was a really naughty, just accident prone and a bit of a dare devil. The character, Great Aunt Mabel, is totally fictitious. I invented her so that Polly and Gertie didn’t look so naughty.

The scenes from the first half of this book are taken from my memories of a seven-year-old, but not the ending. That part is totally fictitious. Polly’s best friend, Gertie was inspired by my memories of two of my best friends.

This was a fun story to write, although many readers will cringe. My aim was to make kids laugh and to encourage reluctant readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star-Crossed Rascals.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (last edited May 24, 2011 02:32AM) (new) - added it

Patricia Puddle I have a competition on my blog to win a paperback copy of Star-Crossed Rascals, but you have to be under thirteen. Good luck to anyone who enters.