Chris's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

May 20, 12

Read from April 24 to May 18, 2012

I have had some time to think about my review of this book and there is so much I want to say. The only problem I find is the fact that most of what I want to say will spoil the book and the series for anyone who reads this. I can't write a review with spoilers because I want anyone who reads this review or the book to be surprised along the way as I was. So bear with me and I will do my best to write a good review.

Having read the Dark Tower series I know what happens down the beam, having a book that falls mid series, it is hard to read this knowing what happens next. It took a little of the surprise and awe from it knowing what comes next. Stephen King says in his foreword that this book can be read as a stand alone. You do not need to have read any of the Dark Tower series to enjoy this book. In this book the Ka-tet of Roland, Eddie, Susannah, Jake and Oy have been traveling along the path of the beam towards the dark tower when a Storm known as a Starkblast hits their trail. Seeking shelter in an abandoned Town hall. While waiting out the storm Roland tells a story of his child hood. In the middle of this story he tells another story known as the Wind Through the Keyhole.

This book has very little to do with the quest to the Dark Tower but both stories in this book were very interesting and I really enjoyed the whole thing. Even though the main characters in the Dark Tower series are only in this book for a little while, picking this up was like visiting old friends again. I was enthralled to read more of Roland's life when he was a young Gunslinger and being able to visit with the rest of the Ka-tet was great fun. I will say that I would recommend this to any one who loves a good story. Since it can be read on it's own, I feel anyone with an interest in good stories and a well written book will enjoy this.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.

04/29/2012 page 115
37.0% "Was so excited and had this book on the day it was released. Sadly today is the only real chance I have had to sit down and read it. Loving it so far!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Yay:)

Chris Just read your post on the group discussion. I hope you feel better soon. After all that at least you have something to look forward too. :-)

message 3: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Chris wrote: "Just read your post on the group discussion. I hope you feel better soon. After all that at least you have something to look forward too. :-)"

Aww thank you :) Just some severe allergies and a bit of a sinus infection to accompany it. Hope you enjoy the book! I still need to get through books 3 and 4, but I will be there soon enough!

Chris I get sinus infections frequently so I can sympathize. Enjoy your reading and get some rest. The books only get better and I can't wait to read what you think.

message 5: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Great review, Chris! I am slacking on Wizard and Glass, but your review makes me want to hurry up and finish so I can read this one. :)

Chris I'm glad you liked the review. I took my time on WG and I am so glad I did because there is a lot of great Roland History. I hope you enjoy both Wizard and Glass and Wind Through the Keyhole.

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane Thanks for these reviews! I definitely have to read The Waste Lands and Wizard & Glass before I attempt Wind Through the Keyhole. And I can sympathize with both of you on my sinus infections!

message 8: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Diane wrote: "Thanks for these reviews! I definitely have to read The Waste Lands and Wizard & Glass before I attempt Wind Through the Keyhole. And I can sympathize with both of you on my sinus infections!"

I hope you feel better, Diane! My doctor gave me two shots and some antibiotics to help. I have to say, it was worth it. I haven't been able to breathe this well for months!

Dustin Nice review, Chris! I really liked Keyhole a lot, too!:)