Shannon (Giraffe Days)'s Reviews > Playing Easy to Get

Playing Easy to Get by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Mar 25, 08

bookshelves: paranormal, 2008, romance, novella
Read in March, 2008

My ratings for the three separate stories are:
☆☆☆ for Turn Up the Heat by Sherrilyn Kenyon
☆☆☆☆ for Hunter's Oath by Jaid Black
☆☆☆☆☆ for The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole

I bought this book specifically for the Cole story, as it is technically #1 in the series and I've already read #2 & 3 - and god it was good! Very hot and steamy, and very well written, it's obvious she wrote it at the same time as book #2 because at the end there they overlap.

Hunter's Oath was really good too, and sweet. I really liked Joren - he was such a perfect balance of strong and powerful masculinity and gentle tender caring lover. Not as easy to pull off as you'd think.

Kenyon's story was the weakest. It started off well but quickly turned into a gun fight - literally. The characterisation was good but it was very short and simple. Not a bad thing, because I was so keen to just skip ahead to get to Cole's story.

The first story is the shortest, the last one the longest. The first story is the weakest, the last the strongest. And if you're not eager to read more of the Immortals After Dark series after reading The Warlord Wants Forever, I'd be very surprised.

[Edit: my cute little stars won't show up unless you're on a Mac, sorry! but you get the idea...]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing Easy to Get.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Hi, Shannon!

I didn't know you were reading this one, too. Neat! Yeah, I was not happy with the Kenyon story, since she is one of my fav authors. It was not what I would call erotica. Not even close, just romance. Only one sex scene, and it was meh, which is not typical of Kenyon. And you're right...all the fighting and dashing from one fight scene to the next made sure there was no room for more sex scenes (ugh!). I was not happy about that because Vince was so YUMMY! I wanted more romance and sex scenes with him. But not to be. I have read several of her B.A.D. series novels and liked all of them, so this fantasy island storyline was not new to me. It was in one of her other novels as well. I want to know more about Mr. Z., too. He sounds totally yummy!

I am reading the second one now, and I agree. It is good, and I have already fallen for Joren. What a sweet guy!

Great to know the third story is even better. Jade Black and Cole are new to me, so I am really looking forward to reading their work. Thanks for the great review!

xoxo