Lynne Hollingsworth's Reviews > Tuesdays with Morrie

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

May 21, 2011

bookshelves: favorites-of-all-time, read-again, inspirational, tear-jerkers, make-me-think-books, aa-a-audible-own, memoir-bio, book-club, best-audio-narration, books-that-changed-me
Read from January 01, 1997 to January 01, 1998

Morrie was always so full of life, he saw the good side of every situation, he saw opportunity, and he loved to share what he learned with others. He used his illness to reach the world. A sociology professor by profession, he could never let go of his need to help others. And he fullfilled that need, that dream, until the very end, with Mitch Albom's help.

I had never heard of Morrie Schwartaz until I saw the "made for tv" movie based on the book, produced by Oprah's network; which was years ago. Only I saw it from the middle, and it still had me mesmerized. On my search for the movie, I discovered the book, the audio book, Morrie's inspirational book "In Morrie's Own Words", and four actual interviews Morrie did with Ted Koppel. Needless to say I bought them all. One purchase in my life I have never regretted.

One of Morrie's favorite quotes is, "To learn how to die, is to learn how to live". It is so unfortunate that we so often learn lessons in reverse. Morrie's goal was to help everyone reverse that outcome by teaching us those lessons now. What a gift that man gave us. And props to Mitch Albom for writing Morrie's story in such a positive light. Mitch is one lucky man to have had those fourteen Tuesday's with Morrie Schwartz.

A true story about Morrie Schwartz, an amazing man. I wish I had met him, he is definitely at the top of my list of people I wished I had met. I recommend this book for anyone and everyone.

This book has the potential to change your life... If you're open to it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays with Morrie.