Jennifer Rayment's Reviews > Fade

Read in May, 2011

The Good Stuff

* Even better than book 1 of the trilogy
* Love the honesty between Cabel and Janie
* Storyline is so fascinating I didn't want to put it down - thank god my toddler had a long nap and the book wasn't too long
* A non stop exciting read. I enjoyed her sparse writing style a lot better this time, since I was more used to it
* sex scene was done very sensitively
* Love authors way of writing dialogue - funny stuff up there with Whedon and speaking of Whedon loved the Buffy comments
* Love, Love the Police Captain

The Not so Good Stuff

* Some very bleak disturbing plot points about Janie's future
* Some of the scenes with the teachers was quite disturbing for the intended audience

Favorite Quotes/Passages

"Can we rearrange the furniture this weekend?" she asks sleepily. "So when I sleep out here, you don't shine all of Satan's fiery hell lights in my eyes first thing in the morning?"

"I'm glad you're taking that class. You're really getting buff, you know that? It's very sexy. As long as you're not beating me up."

"Captain suppresses a smile. "I'd make you stay home if I didn't know you'd sneak out, anyway. While you are watching in agony, feel free to take note of anyone who comes or goes that's not on the list."

Who should/shouldn't read

* For the more mature YA reader as their is sex and a disturbing date rate scene (not overly graphic but the imagery is there so just a heads up)

4.5 Dewey's

I borrowed this from Kiera
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade.