Stephanie's Reviews > Dark Desires After Dusk

Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole

May 21, 11

Read in May, 2011

Okay, it's official I am addicted to this series. I've read these books in a hap-dash manner, out-of-order completely, that is, and I can attest that each book stands well on its own merit. So, have no worries on that part if you happen to stumble across one and want to read it, go for it.

Alright, 'nuff gabbing, on to the book. Cade & Holly's relationship begins when she is targeted by other Lore beings who've determined that she is the "Vessel" the woman whose been prophesied who will carry the Lore's equivalent of the antichrist/Jesus. It's believed that this babe will tilt the alance in the Accession Wars, a Lore battle fought every 500 years to cull the immortals back, so to speak. While kidnapped her transition from human to immortal is triggered. Meanwhile Cade, who after realizing she's his fated Bride has been secretly keeping tabs on her for a year, is on his way and finds her soon after and together they go on the run.

Cade & Holly's book is fast-paced, sexy and fun and after reading Cade's back-story (where he causes his brother Rydstorm to lose the crown) I've been thinking I'd give Rydstorm's book (Kiss of a Demon King) another chance.

Grade: B or 3.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Desires After Dusk.