Amy's Reviews > Inevitable

Inevitable by Jason Letts

May 21, 11

Read in March, 2011

MY THOUGHTS: I was a little skeptical when I started this book. To be honest, I read it based on a recommendation from Amanda Hocking, as I love her books. I have to say I was pleasantly suprised by the time I finished the book!

This is a story of a simple boy who is forced, way to early, into some very difficult life decisions. Luck for him, he has someone watching over him and she is determined to make what little time Nathan has left happy memories. What she doesn't realize is how attached she is becoming to Nathan, and how much she will have to sacrifice for her decisions.

The book starts with Nathan having to make the hard choice between continuing college or getting a job to support his little sister and grandmother after his mother dies way to too young. This decision will lead to many more until Nathan finds himself knocking at death's door. Along this journey, he meets Apoxy, his watchful guardian, who is trying to get Nathan to live a little. Along with all of Apoxy's confusing attempts at making Nathan happy, he also is struggling to make the best decisions for his little sister, Cammie.

Read this book to find out all the twists and turns! It will keep you guessing until the very end. Will Nathan decide to let fate take it's course or will he do everything in his power to fight until the end...if there is an end! I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a book that keeps you guessing and a little on edge, while throwing in a little romance. This is the first book in the The Inevitable Trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inevitable.