Vicky N.'s Reviews > Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home

May 21, 11

bookshelves: graphic-novels
Read in May, 2011

Rating: 4.5

I never watched Buffy when I was younger. And not because of lack of interest, but because I was not allowed to watch the show. I remember begging to grow up faster & for the show not to stop airing when I did. But eventually Buffy ended & I forgot about it.

So when I heard about the graphic novel I was instantly excited to read it because it would be my chance to discover the amazingness of the fandom.

Firstly, in my opinion, you do NOT need to have watched the series to understand this. Yes, it's tehcnically season 8, but it's not necessary. If you know what a Slayer(demon killer, ALWAYS a woman) & a watcher(slayer's guide) is, then you are set.

The Long Way Home is the perfect combination of writing with mind-blowing graphics. Buffy is a strong girl & her sarcastic remarks & badassness makes her instantly our idol(if you are a girl) & coveting material(if you are a guy).

I spent half the time laughing my head off & the other half in awe of the drawings. The Long Way Home is not another marketing strategy to keep fans interested, it has soul and submerges you into the world and refuses to let go of you.

If you were fan of Buffy back in the day & never read it because you thought it would ruin your memories of the show, read it because it will give you new memories of the characters.

And if you, like me, never saw the series, read it too because it will make you wish you did.

Buffy had never been more alive than in the pages of this graphic novels.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura Ann (new) - added it

Laura Ann Dunks You need to watch the show. Get the dvds. I grew up with Buffy and now I'm reading this and both rule.