Cynthia (aka Artemis)'s Reviews > Take Me

Take Me by Bella Andre

May 21, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Recommended for: Those who enjoy a rip-roaring, quick-reading sexy romance.
Read from May 18 to 20, 2011

Once again, this called to me from the public library bookshelf. My first read from Ms. Andre and it was very enjoyable. I have a few of her other writings on the TBR - will have to get to them.

"Travis is lucky to have even gotten to be with you once, especially after the way he's treated you. You are an incredible woman, and it's up to you to show him that he's going to need to treat you really well if he wants you to be with him ever again. And this is how you are going to do it: You are going to rip him apart, then put him back together. But only after he earns it."

That just about sums up the story, with a few exceptions. The plan backfires on Lily, but I'm not going into details. Lily and Travis engage in plenty of hot, sweaty sex in various places and positions.

What I didn't like was the way Lily thought of herself; her lack of self-esteem. I know this is an integral part of the storyline, but it took her too long to see what a great person she is.

Also, and usually the author doesn't have any control over this. But Lily is a plus-sized woman, why couldn't the book cover convey that to the reader?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take Me.