Esther Fanny's Reviews > In Bed with the Devil

In Bed with the Devil by Lorraine Heath
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Bed with the Devil.

Quotes Esther Liked

Lorraine Heath
“You don't care what people think," he said.
She couldn't tell from the way he emphasized the words if he was asking a question or making an observation. Still, she felt obliged to answer.
"Of course I care. To a certain extent we all care, but we can't care to the point that we live in fear of others' opinion, that we allow them to change who we are. We must be willing to stand up and defend what represents the very core of our being. Otherwise what is the purpose of individuality? We'd be nothing but imitations of each other, and I daresay we'd all be rather boring.”

Lorraine Heath
“Have you ever loved anyone?"
"You mean besides my mum?"
Luke was dumbfounded as he stared at Jack. He knew his friend's story. "She sold you when you were five."
Jack shrugged. "Doesn't mean I didn't love her. Just means she didn't love me.”

Lorraine Heath
“Oh, Papa, I've done something terribly silly. I've fallen in love with someone, and he loves another. The strange thing is, as much as it hurts, I only want him to be happy. And if she'll make him happy, I want him to have her.”

Lorraine Heath
“Where do you find your faith in me, Catherine?"
"From coming to know you.”

Lorraine Heath
“I adore you, Frannie. You know that. I always have."
She gave him the smile that had always warmed him, but it was not that threatened to bring him to his knees. He would kill to keep that smile on her face. But to keep Catherine smiling, he would willingly die.
"But you love Catherine," Frannie said quietly.”

Lorraine Heath
“My friendship with Jack remains strained. I want to believe that he was duped, but he has always been far too clever to fall for another man's ruse. So we have added yet one more thing to our relationship about which we never speak. Sometimes I think we will break beneath the weight of it, but on those occasions I have but to look at my wife in order to find the strength to carry on. I am determined to be worthy of her and that requires that I be a far stronger and better man than I had ever planned to be.
We see Frannie from time to time, not as often as we'd like unfortunately. She did eventually marry, but that is her story to tell.
Dear Frannie, darling Frannie.
She shall always remain the love of my youth, the one for whom I sold my soul to the devil. But Catherine, my beloved Catherine, shall always be the center of my heart, the one who, in the final hour, would not let the devil have me.”
Lorraine Heath, In Bed with the Devil

Esther Fanny Excellent.....! i can't find any words to correct or even to express how enjoy i do reading this book....Lorraine did express her complex mind into its characters.... ( luke & Catherine ).... no other words.... but Fantastic !!!!!!