Yhen Villas's Reviews > Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

May 12, 14

bookshelves: action-thriller, dystopian, romance, young-adult
Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

Oh my god. What did it mean by "A future without Alex" ? That's a big no-no! ALEX CAN'T DIE JKHDFKSDHFJKHGJKHGJHKG AND LENA CAN'T FALL IN LOVE WITH SOME OTHER GUY!

I think that Alex was ALIVE and was only captured but I think that Lena will find a way to free him. But please, no love triangles, I am already bored with that kind of dilemmas. What will happen to Hana and Gracie? What if they "cured" Alex already? What if Lena was captured too? Oh my gaaah...

I can't wait for Pandemonioum, I can't wait for 2012, t'was soooo effin' long! Delirium was so bittersweet and the impact of it was so strong. It really affected me emotionally, and I admit that I've been crying for (hours?) a long time after Lena's last words. Would Pandemonium make me feel the same way about Delirium? Ooh , I can't wait!

P.S. The cover was nice, and yes, it looked like the paperback cover of Delirium. I hope that the story would focus more on Alex (which is too bad because Lena is the main protagonist of the series) and I hope that this would be more exciting and mysterious as Delirium :)

-----------------
Edited: March 21, 2012

I hate that I love this trilogy. Seriously.

Lauren Oliver made me hate and love her at the same time again. Her writing, the characters, the plot, and, oh my gosh, even the cliffhanger at the end... they are just perfect and flawless. I've just finished reading this, and I can't seriously wait 'till Requiem. Gimme that book now!

Lena became such a matured young woman here at Pandemonium. She became independent, stronger both physically and mentally, much wiser and reasonable. I can't say that she's gotten over her stubborness at all, but she's really grown up well in this book. At Delirium, she is hesitant, scared and doubtful, but in the end, she became strong because of her love for Alex. Here at Pandemonium, she became a part of resistance, met her fellow invalids like Raven, Tack, Hunter, Squirrel, Bram, especially Blue, whch Lena reminded her as Grace back home. She goes back to "Zombieland" and there, she meets Julian Fineman, son of the DFA leader, and falls in love with him. No need further explanation, that's too much of a spoiler. You can see me stucked in the moment right now, I said earlier that I hated love triangles... and Lauren Oliver tolerated that hate. I LOVE IT AND I HATE IT AT THE SAME TIME! Okay, who's up for Team Alex or Team Julian? Huh? C'mon, for those who red Pandemonium, I know that you definitely loved Julian too, he reminds me of Alex everytime. I loved the scenes where you can totally feel a wave of deja vu, I know you do too! And the twists, oh my gosh, those twists! You should definitely read this one, like pronto! ♥

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandemonium.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, WaitingWaiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,
Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting.... Waiting. I probably cried 10,000 times when I first read this book. Alex can't die! Lena cannot love someone else. That is a fact. I wonder if Lena will ever find her mother? She has to! I can't believe that Hana wouldn't go with her! Hana is the one always complaining, but in the end she's all bark and no bite. But I still love her. Oh, Gracie surprises everyone! Can't wait to hear about her again! Who's Raven? Did Alex die? I doubt it,think how much hate mail Lauren Oliver would get. But it's still a possibility. Don't think about it. To sum up Delirium in three words these would be them: Heartbreaking, Beautiful, Breathtaking. Can't wait for more.
Well, I have to. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, WaitingWaiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting,

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

THIS IS A COMPLETE

i have warned you

the last page...oh my god.
LIKE WTF YOU DONT DO THAT TO YOUR READERS!!

im glad alex didn't die. but boy, has he changed, wtf is "dont believe her" supposed to mean? that he is going to win her back? that he is disappointed and trying to make julian jealous? that he really is let down because he thought she would wait for him? that he really is feeling betrayed by her that HE will never believe her again?

all i can say is, i have no idea what is going to happen to lena and alex and julian..AND I ALMOST FORGOT...HER MOM!! AHHHHH i called it... but omgomgogmg HER MOM!!! AHHH! after she said her name when she was taking her away from the homestead once she and julian were captured..at first i was like..is it raven? but then she saw the tattoo and i was like inmate? ohhmyygawwgg its her mom!!! so ya..

another thing, i would like to know if im the only one that caught onto the fact that Lauren Oliver completely set up a love triangle for Requiem!?!??!1 i mean, guys, alex+julian+lenna+she can only have one= LOVE TRIANGLE!!!!! im kinda pissed. but i would like to see what she makes of it.

on another thought...julian was going to die either way...his procedure was going to kill him and if not his cancer prob would. i know they got rid off it and he has been healthy for two years, but it keeps coming back..sooo you never know what can happen. and additionally being stuck underground with the scavengers would have ultimately killed him too and then his execution..

BUT BACK TO MY POINT. not to be all pessimistic and a downer, but how long do u think he is going to last in the Wilds? idkidkikdikdik. my brain is on over load..just had to get all my thoughts out.

im still devastated about Blue. its almost, ALMOST, as sad as Rues death..

Jennifer Omgoodness, you get me! Wtf was up with *enter husky brooding voice* "don't believe her..." . The End. That is simply cruel and uncalled for torture. I almost ripped my hair out multiple times and hasn't Lauren Oliver heard that love triangles are frustrating and annoying? Geez. She could at least have added half a chapter to put us out of our misery.

message 4: by Ty (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ty Depends on if Alex's mood changes.