Melannie :)'s Reviews > Such a Rush

Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

May 20, 2011

bookshelves: completely-contemp-challenge-2012, favorites, stand-alone, to-re-read, read-2012, read-2015
Read from April 12 to 13, 2012

I'll read anything by her!
Her books are awesome.
________________________

March 13th
This was so awesome I can't even comprehend how Jenn does it.
AMAZING. <3
________________________

Review on release day (7/10/2012):

Amazing is not a strong enough word to describe this book, but all things considered I would say it’s the most fitting. Jenn Echols has delivered another great book that will sure make it to lots of people favorites list. Such a Rush is everything you hope a book can be: appealing characters, complex romance, fast paced and nail-biting drama.

I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve been waiting for this book, but I tell you this: it was a long time, and everytime Ms. Echols talked about it I swear my toes curled; well, it was actually 1000x better than I hoped. How can you go wrong with such an interesting line of events and an equally interesting line of people?

Leah Jones is the book narrator. At the beginning, she’s only 14, just moved to a trailer park next to a tiny small-town airport where she gets a job answering the phone and pumping gas for airplanes. Leah loves airplanes, so she saves up money for a flying lesson given by a local man, Mr. Hall, who runs a banner towing business. Mr. Hall has three boys, Jake the oldest flies a plane for the army, and twins Alec and Grayson are Leah’s age and they both want to be pilots too. The three sons are fun, adventurous, intense and panty-dropping handsome, from what Leah can tell from the distance, that is; she has never been close with them. But she watches them and wishes they would notice her, Grayson especially, the adrenaline junkie on whom she has developed a big crush.

When Jake gets killed in Afghanistan, Mr. Hall’s heart can’t take it, and soon he dies too. Leah is crushed; Mr. Hall was her was her friend, not to mention her only hope of ever becoming a pilot, because he had offered her a job at his banner towing business. But surprisingly, the twins come back to town to try to get the business going again. Even though Leah’s always liked the boys, they didn’t seem to like her at all, so she can’t believe Grayson, the black sheep of the family, is making her fulfill the contract she made with his dad about flying a plane for him. Leah’s not sure she can trust Grayson, but he has something on her, so she must do what he says or her dream of becoming a pilot won’t ever come true.

rest of the review here (sorry! it's too long!) ---> http://booksarevital.blogspot.com/201...

CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH JENN ABOUT THIS BOOK
HERE ---> http://booksarevital.blogspot.com/201...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such a Rush.

04/21 marked as: read

message 1: by Esmee (new) - added it

Esmee I didnt read her books, but because of u i started to read the samenvatting van het boek en ze waren eigenlijk mijn smaak! Ik kan niet wachten om ze te lezen!
So thank you<3

Melannie :) Esmee wrote: "I didnt read her books, but because of u i started to read the samenvatting van het boek en ze waren eigenlijk mijn smaak! Ik kan niet wachten om ze te lezen!
So thank you<3"

aww, thanks :) <3
her books are really awesome! although I would recommend that you read her romantic comedies first, they're as fun as Meg Cabot's books :D

The Boys Next Door  by Jennifer Echols Major Crush  by Jennifer Echols The Ex Games (Simon Romantic Comedies) by Jennifer Echols

Cassie Ah!!! YOU LIKED IT TOO!!!!! IT WAS AMAZING IT READ IT IN A FEW DAYS, I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!!!!! :D

Melannie :) Cassie(TheReadingFantic) wrote: "Ah!!! YOU LIKED IT TOO!!!!! IT WAS AMAZING IT READ IT IN A FEW DAYS, I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!!!!! :D"

I absolutely loved it. I read the whole book TWICE the day I got it <3

message 5: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Lane Sounds like a great plot! Thanks for your descriptive review.