Autumn's Reviews > Dream Smashers

Dream Smashers by Angela Carlie

Jun 25, 12

Read from June 23 to 25, 2012

This book was okay. There was so much drama. Autumn's mom was annoying. I understand that that was kind of her purpose but the chapters from her point of view were just painful to read. I understand they were written in the way she would talk and think but the grammar was just so awful I had to re-read some parts to understand what was going on. I read reviews that Evan was really religious and that his character was annoying in flinging around his religion. At points I think this was true but not as much as I expected. I had a lot of beef with this book though. Autumn and Evan just kind of jump into things which is weird because she was so reluctant to even go on the date. The characters just weren't very consistent. There were some chapters where Autumn and Evan were interacting that Autumn just didn't seem like herself. Rainy was also inconsistent at points. I realize that she was supposed to change after going to her grandmother's but it was so drastic and she didn't stay there long. The scene in the forest between Autumn and Rainy was so intense and what happened to Autumn afterwards was too but neither of those issues was really concluded. Autumn doesn't find out who hit her. Autumn and Rainy don't talk about how it was pretty much Autumn's fault that James died. It was annoying to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream Smashers.