Elizabeth Ferg's Reviews > Princess Mia

Princess Mia by Meg Cabot

May 20, 11

Read in May, 2011

Okay, so there are a lot of people dissing this book, but I really find this book relatable, I'm not very happy that this is how Mia reacted but I get how she's feeing. Mia ends up losing her Boyfriend and her Best Friend all in the same week. (Has experienced this.) She ends up depressed but not to the point of suicide. She ends up have to go to a therepist (?) and finds that she needs to go to weekly sessions. She starts getting better. She recieves this invitation to attend a women's club (can't remember what it's called) to give a speach and while looking for something suitable she see's this portrait of Princess Amelie Virginie and finds out this girl was her age when she became princess in 1669 during which a plague killed off most of her family. Mia is totally intruiged by this. So she asks for her journal but her Grandma won't let her have it and so she calls her dad and he has it and the portrait delivered before she even gets home. She reads her journal and finds out about an order she made that she keeps close to her heart, and Mia finds it on the inside of her painting. And she asks her therepist (?) what she shoud do, and he tell her to not be like Poncha (his hourse) but to be like Amelie. And she did and while doing that she brough democracy to a country that's never known it.

I think this book, at least the ending is pretty inspiring. She finally stood up and did what she wanted for a change, not to mention she kissed J.P.!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess Mia.