Andrea's Reviews > Ripple

Ripple by Mandy Hubbard

May 22, 11

Read in May, 2011

Ripple was a quick read, an engrossing story. I was completely into the book right from the start. I felt so bad for Lexi. She had everything going for her until the night of her sixteenth birthday happened. And the way she punished herself, by not letting herself have friends, was so sad. I really liked her and wanted her to forgive herself.

And then there's the boys. Cole and Erik. Cole kinda confused me. On one hand, I loved him and how kind he was to Lexi. But a part of me thinks that it seemed a little too good to be true. That he would go against what all of his friends thought about Lexi...although I liked that he didn't listen to them, it didn't really ring true. If that makes any sense. And then Erik. The beautiful boy. He seemed so into Lexi. But I'm glad that she realized that he was so very wrong for her in the end.

Another thing I had a problem with, was Lexi swimming in her lake all night, every night. I mean, I know her guardian is grandmother, and grandmothers can often times be naive. But I can't imagine that doesn't realize that Lexi is gone all night long.

Anyways, that didn't take away from the enjoyment of the book. I love how the theme was pretty much love (although I won't tell you how). I'm such a sap...a sucker for a good love story :)

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ripple.